What is Transactional Messages ?
- Information sent to its customer(s) by the Bank or financial institution or insurance company or credit card company
- Information given by Airlines or Indian Railways or its authorized agencies to its passengers regarding travel schedules, ticket booking and reservation
- Information from a registered educational institution to parents or guardians of its students;
- Information sent by e-commerce agencies in response to ecommerce transactions made by their customers
- Information sent by a company or a firm or depository participant, registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) or Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) or Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) or National Commodity & Derivative Exchange Ltd. (NCDEX) or Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (MCX) to its clients pertaining to the account of the client
- Information sent by a registered company to its employees or agents or to its customers pertaining to services or goods to be delivered to such customers
Who can send Transactional Messages ?
- Registered Companies
- Registered Banks & Financial Institution
- Insurance Company
- Credit Card Companies
- Registered Education Instituted (Only for sending critical information to parents)
- Airlines & Railway (Only for sending ticket & PNR details to passengers)
- Stock Market DP Info Alerts (Only to opted-in/subscribed customers)
- E-Commerce website sending response to ecommerce transactions made by their customers
Sender ID for Transactional Messages
Only 6 Character long Alpha sender ID is allowed for sending Transactional Messages. Sender ID must contain exactly 6 characters (neither less nor more) in upper case and must be convincing enough with respect to industry/brand/service
‘L’ stands for the operator code here its “Loop Mobile”
‘M’ stands for the service area here its “Mumbai”
‘-‘ is the delimiter
‘ABCDEF’ indicates six alphabets for company or organization sending transactional SMS
Note: Only one Sender ID is allowed per account . Sender ID is subjected to approval.
Message Submission Timings Window
Transactional SMS Gateway is open for 24 hours 365 days
Transactional SMS gateway works with template based system, you can create any number of message templates from your account. Once your template is approved by us you can start sending transactional messages to all your opted in clients including numbers registered with NCCPR Registry (DND)
If the template and sender id does not match (including comas and space) with our records sms will not be processed and dropped.
SMS Template API
If you are using our API’s for pushing SMS, you have to pass the correct template and additional parameter gwid=2 (subject to approval of your account for sending transactional sms)
Our developer API is available at https://developer.smslane.com/
Sample SMS Templates
Dear #Field#, Your account #Field# has been credited with #Field# on #Field#. Your current account balance is #Field#.Thanks
You can replace the #Field# with your own variable contents while sending SMS. Please remember if you change the structure of the template, including blank spaces, SMS will not processed. While sending the Transactional SMS from your control panel, our system takes care of probable mistakes, however while sending your message through API, you need be extra cautious. We always recommend you to test your template after approval before migrating to production mode.
All templates are subjected to approval.
- Download undertaking for sending transactional SMS
- Print the undertaking on company letter head and send duly signed scanned copy of ducument to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your username and category under which you want to send transactional sms (refer who can send transactional sms above to find your category)
- Once your document is received and approved, transactional sms menu will appear your control panel.
What to do once my Transactional SMS Menus are enabled
- Login to you smslane.com account and click on My Templates
- Add you template for approval
- Also submit a request for new Sender ID (for Transactional SMS)
- Once your template and senderid are approved, click on SMS From Template and start sending Transactional SMS
- API users can add an additional parameter gwid=2 to existing API for sending transactional SMS
- In case your messages are not delivered through transactional channel, in 99% cases, the issue remains to be of template mismatch. Please drop a service support request from your control panel along with your message and affected mobile number for speedy resolution of your issue.